Upcoming Programs and Events
FRIENDS FOR LIFE: LEGACY GIVING STEWARDSHIP
by Lisa M. Chmiola, MS, CFRE, Fablanthropy
Planned gifts provide the ultimate opportunity for a donor to leave his or her mark on an organization, and if not stewarded properly over generations of fundraisers, can be reduced or even lost completely. In this program, learn how best to steward planned gift donors over the long term.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 25, 2022
12:00 PM - 1:15 PM (Pacific)
PGFGS members: no cost
Salvation Army, 3755 N Freeway Blvd, Sacramento, CA, 95834, USPLANNED GIVING 101: AN INTRODUCTION WORKSHOP
with Craig Wruck
Learn fundamental planned giving concepts and develop a conversational understanding of the technical topics so that you can speak with confidence to donors and prospects. If you are new to planned giving, need a refresher, or are a development generalist, this course will give you an overview of gift planning and the tools you need to make the most of it.
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2022
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
In-person Location: Salvation Army
3755 N Freeway Blvd, Sacramento, CA, 95834
PGFGS members: $130
Non-members: $180 (includes one year PGFGS membership)
Members: Log in to access past program materials!
- February 2022: Family Foundations: The Next Generation with Vivian Long, Executive Director, Long Family Foundation
- March 2022: Doing DAFs Right & Why You Should be Leveraging DAFs to Achieve Long-Term Fundraising Success with David Russo, Senior Director of Planned Giving and Corporate Relations, Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County and Lisa Barr, Regional Director at National Philanthropic Trust
- April 2022: The Top Three Ways to Use Life Insurance in Charitable Planning with Paul M. Caspersen, CFP®, MS, AEP®
- March: Understanding Trends and Building Confidence
- April: Qualification Essentials and the Use of Probing Questions
- May: Utilizing Transitions and Building Donor Understanding
- June: Strengthening Your Virtual Ask
- August: The Future for Social Justice and Philanthropy
- September: Incorporating Planned Giving in your Year-end Giving Program
- October: Inside the Mind of the Planned Giving Donor: What Neuroimaging and Experimental Research Reveal About Donor Motivations
- November: CFRE, CSPG, CAP Fundraising Certifications: What's the Difference and What's Right for Me? A panel discussion
Note: members can log in to access these and more past program materials! Need help logging in? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.